High national and international recognition has been achieved for our Flight Training Center. Based at our facilities in Bogota, Colombia, our flight school is fully equipped with multi-media classrooms, individual briefing rooms, and a Level B, full motion, Flight Simulator (Type: KTV1-MI-8 Model 0401) for flight crew training in the Mil Mi-8MTV-1 (MI-17) helicopter. Our course of instruction has been certified for the service to third parties by the following authorities:
- Colombian Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO Category I), Resolution No. 04411, November 2000 (Certificate Nr. 004 December 16th/05)
- Ministry of Transportation of the Russian Federation (Nr. 10.1.14-768, 24 December 2001).
These two certifications allow us to train pilots and flight engineers in the following:
- Initial Training
- Equipment Transition Training
- Recurrent Training
- Training in Flight Emergencies
- Proficiency Check
- Post-accident Check
- Loft Practice
This organic flight training capability allows us to provide in-house initial and recurrent training for our own flight crews and technicians. We also provide flight training to CAA standards to students from the U.S. Department of Defense, the Colombian National Army, the Federal Preventive Police, the Mexican Marine, and commercial aviation companies from Ecuador.
All courses are specifically designed and accredited for each crew position and type of training (initial, transition or recurrent). All courses of instruction include classroom and practical training (simulator) in the following areas:
- Systems and Flight Manual
- High Altitude Operations
- Safety Procedures
- Emergency Procedures
- Flight Orientation
- Flight in the aerodrome area
- Instrument Procedures
- Engine failure
Training in the aircraft is also available upon request.
Vertical de Aviacion has an approved Maintenance Program designed for Maintenance personnel and for the aircraft operated by the company. This training was designed based on the recommendations made by aircraft and component manufacturers. The company offers basic and recurrent courses in compliance with the Colombian Civil Aviation Authority.
Vertical de Aviacion developed a Training Program targeted to achieving high performance in maintenance, services, inspections, and repairs in accordance to its capability list. The following courses have been approved for Vertical de Aviación’s Maintenance Program:
- MI-8MTV-1 Basic and Recurrent Course
- Bell 212 Basic and Recurrent Course
- Bell 222U Basic and Recurrent Course
- Jetstream Basic and Recurrent Course Differences between MI-8MTV-1 and MI-171 course
The following training programs have also been approved for Vertical de Aviación in compliance with the Colombian Aeronautical regulations and the General maintenance Manual of the company:
- Initial and recurrent courses for inspectors
- RII Inspection Course
- Human Factors
- Dangerous Merchandise